Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
2. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
3. They strongly against using strong opioids.
4. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
5. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
6. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
7. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
8. ``What line would you me to study?''
9. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
10. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
11. But let me you to think better of it.
12. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
13. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
14. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
15. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
16. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
17. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
18. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
19. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
20. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
21. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
22. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
23. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
24. There is one point on which I want your .
25. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
26. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
27. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
28. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
29. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
30. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
31. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
32. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
33. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
34. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
35. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
36. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
37. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
38. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
39. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
40. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
Return to full list of frequently confused words