Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
2. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
3. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
4. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
5. But let me you to think better of it.
6. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
7. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
8. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
9. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
10. ``What line would you me to study?''
11. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
12. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
13. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
14. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
15. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
16. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
17. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
18. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
19. They strongly against using strong opioids.
20. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
21. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
22. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
23. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
24. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
25. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
26. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
27. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
28. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
29. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
30. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
31. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
32. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
33. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
34. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
35. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
36. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
37. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
38. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
39. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
40. There is one point on which I want your .
Return to full list of frequently confused words