Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
2. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
3. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
4. ``What line would you me to study?''
5. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
6. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
7. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
8. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
9. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
10. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
11. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
12. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
13. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
14. But let me you to think better of it.
15. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
16. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
17. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
18. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
19. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
20. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
21. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
22. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
23. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
24. They strongly against using strong opioids.
25. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
26. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
27. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
28. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
29. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
30. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
31. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
32. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
33. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
34. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
35. There is one point on which I want your .
36. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
37. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
38. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
39. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
40. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
Return to full list of frequently confused words