Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
2. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
3. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
4. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
5. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
6. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
7. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
8. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
9. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
10. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
11. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
12. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
13. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
14. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
15. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
16. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
17. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
18. They strongly against using strong opioids.
19. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
20. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
21. ``What line would you me to study?''
22. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
23. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
24. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
25. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
26. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
27. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
28. But let me you to think better of it.
29. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
30. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
31. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
32. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
33. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
34. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
35. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
36. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
37. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
38. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
39. There is one point on which I want your .
40. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
Return to full list of frequently confused words