Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
2. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
3. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
4. This them to appear on both brands.
5. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
6. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
7. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
8. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
9. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
10. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
11. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
12. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
13. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
14. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
15. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
16. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
17. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
18. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
19. Detainees were to request witnesses.
20. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
21. They were not to leave remote villages.
22. He was not to form his own gens.
23. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
24. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
25. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
26. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
27. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
28. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
29. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
30. The result of the debate was that it was not .
31. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
32. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
33. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
34. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
35. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
36. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
37. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
38. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
39. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
40. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words