Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
2. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
3. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
4. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
5. He was not to form his own gens.
6. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
7. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
8. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
9. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
10. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
11. This them to appear on both brands.
12. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
13. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
14. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
15. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
16. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
17. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
18. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
19. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
20. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
21. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
22. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
23. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
24. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
25. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
26. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
27. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
28. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
29. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
30. They were not to leave remote villages.
31. The result of the debate was that it was not .
32. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
33. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
34. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
35. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
36. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
37. Detainees were to request witnesses.
38. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
39. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
40. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
Return to full list of frequently confused words