Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
2. They were not to leave remote villages.
3. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
4. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
5. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
6. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
7. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
8. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
9. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
10. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
11. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
12. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
13. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
14. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
15. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
16. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
17. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
18. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
19. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
20. The result of the debate was that it was not .
21. This them to appear on both brands.
22. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
23. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
24. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
25. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
26. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
27. He was not to form his own gens.
28. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
29. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
30. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
31. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
32. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
33. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
34. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
35. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
36. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
37. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
38. Detainees were to request witnesses.
39. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
40. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
Return to full list of frequently confused words