Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
2. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
3. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
4. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
5. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
6. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
7. The result of the debate was that it was not .
8. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
9. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
10. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
11. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
12. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
13. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
14. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
15. He was not to form his own gens.
16. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
17. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
18. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
19. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
20. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
21. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
22. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
23. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
24. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
25. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
26. Detainees were to request witnesses.
27. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
28. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
29. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
30. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
31. This them to appear on both brands.
32. They were not to leave remote villages.
33. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
34. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
35. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
36. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
37. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
38. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
39. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
40. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
Return to full list of frequently confused words