Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
2. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
3. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
4. They were not to leave remote villages.
5. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
6. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
7. Detainees were to request witnesses.
8. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
9. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
10. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
11. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
12. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
13. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
14. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
15. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
16. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
17. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
18. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
19. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
20. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
21. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
22. The result of the debate was that it was not .
23. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
24. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
25. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
26. This them to appear on both brands.
27. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
28. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
29. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
30. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
31. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
32. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
33. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
34. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
35. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
36. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
37. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
38. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
39. He was not to form his own gens.
40. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words