Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
2. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
3. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
4. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
5. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
6. They were not to leave remote villages.
7. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
8. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
9. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
10. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
11. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
12. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
13. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
14. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
15. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
16. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
17. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
18. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
19. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
20. Detainees were to request witnesses.
21. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
22. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
23. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
24. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
25. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
26. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
27. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
28. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
29. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
30. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
31. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
32. He was not to form his own gens.
33. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
34. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
35. The result of the debate was that it was not .
36. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
37. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
38. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
39. This them to appear on both brands.
40. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
Return to full list of frequently confused words