- This policy covers how PaperRater.com treats personal information that PaperRater.com collects and receives, including information related to your past use of PaperRater.com products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that PaperRater.com does not own or control, or to people that PaperRater.com does not employ or manage.
- PaperRater.com collects personal information when you register with PaperRater.com, when you use PaperRater.com products or services, when you visit PaperRater.com pages or the pages of certain PaperRater.com partners. PaperRater.com may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address. Once you register with PaperRater.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- PaperRater.com collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about services that we offer.
- PaperRater.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, PaperRater.com cookie information, and the page you request.
- PaperRater.com uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- PaperRater.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with PaperRater.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help PaperRater.com communicate with you about offers from PaperRater.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- PaperRater.com displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- PaperRater.com does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- PaperRater.com advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- PaperRater.com works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- PaperRater.com may set and access PaperRater.com cookies on your computer.
- PaperRater.com lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to PaperRater.com's cookies.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the PaperRater.com service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the PaperRater.com Newsletter, that are considered part of your PaperRater.com account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your PaperRater.com account by sending an email to support(at)PaperRater.com from the email address from which you signed up.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- PaperRater.com may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your PaperRater.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
We may use BUDS INC and other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here
Third Party Cookies
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
Last Updated: May 7th, 2009