- This policy covers how PaperRater.com (PaperRater) treats content you submit to us as well as personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of our products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable--like your name, address, email address, or phone number-- and that is not otherwise publicly available, like your PaperRater username and password.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that PaperRater does not own or control, or to people that PaperRater does not employ or manage, which means this policy does not cover the practices of organizations with links or advertisements on PaperRater.com.
- PaperRater collects personal information when you register with us, when you use PaperRater.com, its products or services, when you visit PaperRater.com pages or the pages of certain PaperRater.com partners. PaperRater may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. We will only use information received from third parties for the specific use for which it was given to us.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address. Once you register with PaperRater and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- We collect information unique to you, specifically your PaperRater account username and password.
- We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about services that we offer.
- PaperRater automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring and exit pages, PaperRater.com cookie information, and details about how you use PaperRater, such as the page(s) you request.
- PaperRater uses information for the following limited purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, administer your account, improve our services and develop new ones, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
PaperRater does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to companies who work with us or on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from PaperRater.com and our marketing partners. These companies are not permitted to share your information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of PaperRater's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
PaperRater displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- PaperRater does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- PaperRater advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- PaperRater works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. We may collect and share non-personally identifiable information with these groups. For example, we may collect and share aggregate data, statistics, and analyses of content submitted to PaperRater to show trends in the use of our services.
- PaperRater may set and access cookies on your computer.
- We let other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to PaperRater's cookies
- We may send you certain communications relating to PaperRater, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the PaperRater.com Newsletter, that are considered part of your PaperRater.com account. You may opt-out of receiving the newsletter and marketing emails by emailing us at support@PaperRater.com.
- You can delete your PaperRater.com account by sending an email to support@PaperRater.com from the email address from which you signed up.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information submitted to PaperRater from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- PaperRater may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your PaperRater.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here.